twenty8, I am now twenty8. I think back and wonder huh, how, what and when did this happen. I don't feel 28. Not that I feel 18 or anything but holy crap I want some of that time back!
Since my birthday was 10/10/10 I decided to celebrate it. I had some people over on Saturday so obviously I bought crap food and lots of it! We are still eating our way out of the leftovers and snacks. Which isn't very good considering we haven't watched our portion sizes the past week.
I remember one of my final conversations with my gpa before he passed away, I was 13 and didn't think much of the chat at the time but he must have known his fate. He had asked me my plan for the future, where I wanted to go to college, what I wanted to be, when I wanted to get married and how many children I wanted to have. At that time in my life I was 100% sure I was going to go to UMD or UWI-Superior for my teaching degree, I assumed I would find the love of my life in college and we would get married after we graduated somewhere between 23-25. We would then go on to have 3-4 kiddos. I remember him telling me not to rush into marriage and that 25 would be a great age to get married.
Bah haha! What did I know! I didn't go to either school and I'm not a teacher. I got married at 26 and 8 days lol. Pretty close I'd say :) I'd like to think the path I'd chosen would still make him proud :)
Anywho CHEERS to being 28!

No comments:
Post a Comment