Happy Monday! Surprisingly the weekend went much better then I expected. Friday we had dinner at Olive Garden with four other couples (and their children) from our PS-MAPP (adoption/foster care course). This was our first big challenge and we did amazingly! I did some research before we got there so when it came time to order I knew exactly what I was having. I had the Grilled Chicken Spiedini with grilled veggies and steamed broccoli. I even allowed myself a tiny little salad with their peppercorn and parmesan ranch dressing. It was fantastic!
Saturday's breakfast was my standard Fiber One cereal with a mid morning snack consisting of Arbor Farm's Caramel Apple yogurt and a serving of almonds. For lunch I made brown rice and sauteed veggies for a little stir fry. I added some cumin and garlic & herb seasoning to the veggies with splash of soy sauce to the rice. We had some grape salad too. My husband HATES brown rice and stir fry in general and liked it enough to have it again. Come dinner time I was exhausted so I had cereal again. Bad choice, I was still hungry an hour later so I had some baked beans.
Sunday proved to be another wonderful day. Breakfast once again was some Fiber One cereal with a mid morning Yoplait Light yogurt. For lunch I had some brown rice, white sweet corn and black beans seasoned with garlic and cumin. I topped that off with tablespoon of fat free sour cream and pinch of low fat mozzarella cheese. For dinner I made a grilled pb&j with some grape salad. The pb&j was so yummy.
All in all a good weekend. Didn't even come close to going over my allowed limit of calories. I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself :)

No comments:
Post a Comment